• Member of the National Federation of Cemetery Friends
Friends Of Mill Road Cemetery

Mill Road Cemetery was created and consecrated in 1848 to provide more burial space for the city centre parishes. It is a nine acre site, which is now full but contains c.10,000 graves. It is still consecrated and owned by the parishes, and maintained as a churchyard and open space by Cambridge City Council. It is an English Heritage Grade II listed site, with several listed monuments and war graves. There are public art installations by Gordon Young, on the theme of birds and birdsong. It is always open, and is a popular green space for Cambridge residents (and their dogs!).

The Friends are active in the research, mapping and recording of the graves. Tours are advertised within the Cemetery, and can be arranged by request. We welcome visitors to our beautiful haven in the heart of Cambridge.