Friends Of Wembdon Road Cemetery
Member of the National Federation of Cemetery Friends
- Bernice Lashbrook, 29 Biddiscombe Close, Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 6YB
- Phone: 01278 459 659
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.bridgwatercemeteries.org.uk
The Wembdon Road Cemetery was opened in 1851 and for a hundred years was the chief burial place in Bridgwater, for both Anglican and Dissenter communities. It was largely abandoned in the 1950's and over the decades suffered considerable neglect and vandalism. The Friends wish to re-dignify the site as a garden cemetery, fit for the modern community, as a managed natural habitat and for the proper commemoration of the dead.
©2012-2017. National Federation of Cemetery Friends