Friends Of St Mary’s Cemetery, Bath
Member of the National Federation of Cemetery Friends
- Vince Baughan 41 Second Avenue, Oldfield Park, Bath BA2 3NN
- Phone: 01225 445490
- Email: email@example.com
This Churchyard was opened in 1809. Its Mortuary Chapel, now a ruin, was designed by John Pinch and built in 1818 of materials salvaged from the demolition of the old 12th Century Parish Church of St Mary's Bathwick, which stood nearby. Originally the chapel was used for both funerals and baptisms until the new parish church was consecrated in 1820. In 1856 this churchyard was closed to new burials and these then took place in the St Mary the Virgin Churchyard which opened in the same year at Smallcombe Vale.
©2012-2017. National Federation of Cemetery Friends